Eyegore.

Mr. Cooper is one scruffy dog.
Let me just say that last night was a fine evening indeed.  Colin Hay was funny, engaging and humble.  His self deprecating sense of humor was delightful.  He told many whimsical stories in between his songs and dazzled us with his unique voice and brilliant songwriting.
Here’s a little snippet of last night’s show.  He was phenomenal, truly.  I was fortunate enough to meet him afterwards and he was a true gentleman.  I kept hugging him much to Johnny’s mortification.  I showed him my concert ticket from 1983 and he seemed genuinely tickled.  Then I asked him to marry me.  Turns out he’s married.  Turns out, so am I.  Oh well, the show was still kick-ass.
I awoke this morning to find that both of my eyes had somehow swelled shut.  I looked like Rocky Balboa.  I finally got the left one open enough to drive – that’s fun perspective-wise, let me tell you.  I went to the Minute Clinic and the Doctor took one look at me and said “I don’t know what’s happened to you, but I can’t fix it”.  She sent me across town to the Urgent Care facility.  The Doctor there prescribed a steroid pack and gave me some topical cream.  No one is sure what caused it and I must be nuts to post this picture but it makes me belly laugh each time I look at it.  I’m not sure why I decided to document it but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Isn’t that awesome?  What the hell is that black thing on my lip?  It’s just too damn funny NOT to share.  It doesn’t help that I had just gotten out of the shower.  When you’re me, you gotta check your ego at the door, folks.  Whew.
So, after vacuuming up my weight in dog hair, I took Mr. Cooper for a proper hair cut.  Not only does he look like he’s lost weight, his head looks to be too big for his body.  He loves his new ‘do though and has been prancing around like Pepe LePew in the back yard all afternoon.
My name is Mr. Cooper and I have a large dome.
Normally you can’t even see his collar because his hair is so wiry and thick.  He looks a little “special”, but that’s okay…obviously, I DO TOO.

12 thoughts on “Eyegore.

1. Wendy says:

I have had my eyes swell shut before…mine were due to an allergic reaction…once to cigarette smoke, another time because of cleaning chemicals (gets me out of housework) and being around lots of dust. Love Cooper's new 'do. If you had not said something about it, I think I might have thought you got a new dog. (please excuse any misspelling…too tired to double check)

2. I love how happy Mr. Cooper looks. Life is good.

3. JT says:

I have no idea what the hell that thing is in the picture above Coop, but if it wakes me up Saturday morning in the guest bedroom, I'm getting the hell out of dodge.Good God.

4. You are the definition of BRAVE!! I may dance with my ego, but I'll never check it at the door! And thank God you posted the new pix of Cooper.. when I saw the blog with his picture up I was soooooo worried something bad had happened to him. I remember you blogging that he was old and starting to show it. Whew! Glad to be wrong!If you ever do a make over show… THAT pix of you will be the Before!!

5. Jess says:

OMG. You and your swollen eyelids. I hope you're better!Coop looks like a new dog – too cute!

6. Schell says:

Wow…it looks like you got Sylvester Stallone sliding face disease šŸ™‚

7. Ummmm last I checked you look like that most mornings!!! Jen, Coop does not look happy to me!!

8. Jen says:

Jane, I DO NOT EITHER LOOK LIKE THAT in the morning, you sea hag. Also, Mr. Cooper was being serious and reflective. He loves his new haircut!

9. Brooooks says:

Make it stop! It's making you look like some inbred cousin of the British royal family!Mr. Cooper, on the other hand, looks svelte. I wonder what would happen if I tried that with Brokeback Dog? (They'd probably keep shaving and shaving and shaving and never actually hit dog under all that fuzz.)

10. Joe B says:

Well I don't now where to start. You always make me laugh and well now laugh and cry. Girl, you got some ba— putting that photo up online. I bow to you and you are the queen. I do feel bad at the same time as to the discomfort you must have been in. Wow talk about mixed emotions. And, yes Mr. Copper looks great, now i think it is your time to do a complete make over and post that photo online. After all we did get a before and after of Mr. Cooper. Give it some thought. Thanks again.

11. Kenton says:

Jen,I love your blog, it makes me laugh so much!! You might want to put some preparation H on those eyes. Or take two spoons and put them in the freezer, then after they are cold press the bottom side of the spoon against those eyes.Did you hear Ben is moving in next door?

12. tina says:

Only you would post a picture of yourself looking so hot! lol