Married, with Children

Hello my long lost cyberspace pals!

John actually showed up last weekend and made an honest woman out of me, hence the lack of posting lately. Indeedy, we got hitched. The day itself was a bit of a blur, as I’ve heard is often the case. However, it was a beautiful blur. Autumn colors, friends and family, two adorable little girls, one (clean!) junkyard dog, and a lot of love and laughter. What more could a blushing bride ask for?

Vodka.

Kidding, there was plenty of that as well, whose wedding was this, anyway?

My eyes rimmed with tears and my voice shook as John held my hands in his during our vows. The enormity of it all hit me and I was powerless against my emotions. I managed to make it through, however, and found my voice. After the ceremony the girls ran up to join us and we turned to face our friends and family as husband and wife. It then occured to me; I am the luckiest girl in the world. Our little family had grown and my heart felt so incredibly full.

It was an amazing day. One I’ll never forget. My cheeks hurt from smiling and my sides ached from laughing. That’s my kind of day.

Snippet to a marriage:

John: So, honey, after everyone leaves the “reception”, it’s ON“.
Me: Yeah? We hit the bedroom?
John: No, silly! “Entourage”! We put on the “Entourage” DVD!!!

*sigh* I so married the right guy.

9 thoughts on “Married, with Children

1. RM says:

Hey, looka that, I get to be the first cyber-congratulations. So, congratulations, y’all!

2. Elliemae says:

I was thinking about you! Congratulations! Being married to the right person is a wonderful feeling.

3. Clueless says:

Congrats Jen! I am so happy for you.

4. shannon says:

hooray for entourage!

5. shannon says:

oh and congrats to you, Johnny, and the girls too!

6. Congratulations Jen! I am so happy for you. You absolutely deserve it. 😀

7. Congratulations! I hope you’ll post pictures!

8. Imez says:

Yeah, post pictures. I love you love story. I love it so much, it cheers me up and I’m not even faking! Congratulations.